Weight Watchers Taco Casserole
This Weight Watchers Taco Casserole Recipe is a variation of my favorite Weight Watchers Taco Casserole (made with chicken). I’d love it if you tried them both and told me which one was your favorite!
We’re pretty much obsessed with make-ahead meals at Pillsbury, so we created this cheesy Mexican-inspired casserole specifically to be a freezer-friendly dinner. (We’ve even included instructions for baking it straight from the freezer as well as defrosting it first.) So whether you make it for dinner tonight or prep it now for a time-saving freezer meal later, you’re guaranteed delicious results.
- 1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 c onions, chopped
- 1/2 c bell peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 8 ozs taco sauce
- 1 c fat-free sour cream
- 1 c fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 c low-fat tortilla chips, whole or broken up
- 1 c low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 c salsa
- Heat oven to 400. Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, peppers, and garlic clove until tender.
- Add seasoning mix and taco sauce; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the broken chips in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and remaining crushed chips. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with 3/4 cup salsa if desired.
Makes 8 (1 Cup Servings)
WW SP = 5 / 1 FREESTYLE POINT
I like making casseroles all the time, but especially for events like the Super Bowl, or really any holiday. It’s super easy to throw a casserole in the oven and then bring it to a friend’s house. I’m all about impressing people with my mad cooking skillz though, so if I bring a casserole it’s gotta be pretty damn amazing. Fortunately, this taco casserole recipe IS!