Weight Watchers Hot and Sour Soup
This classic Chinese Hot and Sour Soup recipe is easy to make in about 25 minutes, and tastes even better than the restaurant version!
Hot and Sour soup is a Chinese soup that’s savoury, spicy and tangy. The broth is thickened and it’s filled with mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots and silky egg ribbons. The flavour and textures in this soup are an addictive combination, making it a firm Chinese restaurant favourite!
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 lb lean pork or chicken, julienned
- 2 tbsp asian chile paste, with garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3⁄4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 4 egg, beaten
- 5 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can peeled straw mushrooms
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can baby sweet corn, cobs
- 1⁄2 lb soft tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (to garnish)
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.