While teriyaki sauce traditionally does contain sugar, our keto-friendly version uses a sugar-free substitute that is still highly comparable and tastes almost the same on a protein like salmon, which absorbs flavors very well.
FOR THE SPICY MAYO:
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
FOR SALMON AND ASPARAGUS:
- 12 asparagus spears
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce, or purchased sugar-free teriyaki sauce (such as Seal Sama)
- 2 (8-ounce) salmon fillets
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
Preparing:20 min Cooking:25 min
TO MAKE THE SPICY MAYO:
- In a food processor, mix the garlic and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the egg, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper to the garlic and lemon juice puree.
- While pureeing, slowly add the olive oil until the mayo forms.
- Set aside in the refrigerator while the fillets cook.
TO MAKE THE SALMON AND ASPARAGUS:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the woody end from the asparagus, leaving only the tender portion of the stalk.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ginger, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, rice wine vinegar, pepper, and the Teriyaki Sauce.
- Add the salmon and cover completely with the sauce.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the salmon from the sauce to the dish.
- Pour any remaining sauce over the fillets.
- Tuck the asparagus around the fillets and drizzle them with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Put the dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Remove the dish from the oven and check the fillets for doneness.
- Serve immediately with half of the spicy mayo.
- Garnish with the scallions. Refrigerate the remaining mayo in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 3:1)
Total Fat 42.2 G
Total Carbohydrate 12.9G
Dietary Fiber 3.3G
Have you started the 28 Day Keto challenge program yet?
Don’t Worry, there’s no “you can’t eat that”! We’ll show you what you need to get started: what to eat, … recipes, meal plans, and simple 2-week get started program. Over the next weeks, you’ll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.
That supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation. If you’re struggling to stay within your daily points, check out the Program HERE.
Join Our free Healthy Recipes Page Eat O Fit on Facebook!