- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 5 (14-1/2 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. In an airtight storage container or resealable plastic bag, combine celery, carrots, onion, garlic, chili powder, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover or seal and chill for up to 24 hours.
2. In a 6 to 8 quart Dutch oven, combine vegetable mixture and turkey.
3. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring
occasionally to break up turkey.
4. Stir in beans, tomatoes and the green chilies.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or
longer, stirring occasionally.
6. If desired sprinkle individual servings with the shredded cheese.
Yield: 8 Servings
Serving Size: About 1-2/3 cups per serving. WW PointsPlus = 6
Nutritional Information: Calories: 232, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 23mg, Carbohydrates 34g, Fiber 12g, Sodium 502mg, Protein 23g