- 1 1/2 pounds cubed chuck roast, or beef stew cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 yellow onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Roll beef cubes in flour, shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add floured beef and brown, 5-6 minutes Transfer the beef and drippings to the slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the raisins and almonds.
- Stir to combine, cook 6-8 hours on low, or 4-6 hours on high.
- After it has finished cooking, stir in the raisins and almonds and cook for an additional 10 minutes on high.
- If desired, serve over couscous or brown rice!
- If desired, allow cooked stew to cool completed before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 339 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 558mg | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Protein: 29g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11