Throw a few ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning, and come home to a fully cooked meal. When you’re done with this chicken, use the bones for Lemon-Rosemary Bone Broth and get several more meals out of it.
- 1 whole free-range chicken
- 1 tablespoon Golden Ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
Preparing:10 min Cooking:360 min
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Rub it all over with the ghee and season it with the salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon quarter over the chicken and store the rind and a second lemon quarter inside the chicken cavity.
- Place the remaining two lemon quarters on top of the chicken legs.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the rosemary and place the garlic cloves inside the chicken cavity.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 2-4)
Total Fat 37G
Total Carbohydrate 6G
Dietary Fiber 1G
Have you started the 28 Day Keto challenge program yet?
Don’t Worry, there’s no “you can’t eat that”! We’ll show you what you need to get started: what to eat, … recipes, meal plans, and simple 2-week get started program. Over the next weeks, you’ll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.
That supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation. If you’re struggling to stay within your daily points, check out the Program HERE.
Join Our free Healthy Recipes Page Eat O Fit on Facebook!