Skinny Pizza Meatloaf
Calling all pizza fans and I’m pretty sure that’s most of us! This meatloaf is packed with the yummy flavors of a slice of pizza and smothered with them on top.
- 1 slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
- 1 (14oz) jar Ragu Pizza Sauce, Prego’s, Classico’s or your favorite (divided)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- ⅔ cup fat-free ricotta cheese, I used Trader Joe’s brand or your favorite
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- (from the jar above)
- ½ cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast bread. Break up bread and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs. Measure ½ cup crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, ⅔ cup pizza sauce, onions, zucchini, ricotta cheese, egg whites, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Using your …
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.