Skinny, Mini, Meringue Kisses for Valentine’s Day
Bake for your sweetheart, family or friends these “melt in your mouth” little kisses. There are very few desserts out there that are totally guilt-free. Happily, these bite-size gems are.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes (allow to cool in the oven for at least 3 hours)
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
75 M&M’s, I bought a large bag of Valentine’s Day red, pink and white M&M’s, see shopping tip
1 tablespoon pink or red sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer or large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. It should look like marshmallow cream. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until glossy and smooth.
- Drop the batter by a rounded teaspoon size onto the pan. It’s ok to place close together as they don’t spread much.
- Press 1 M&M candy into each and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. You should only use a small pinch for each.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Turn off oven and do not open door. Allow to cool in the oven for at least 3 hours. No peaking! They can stay in the unopened oven overnight, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container and these kisses will keep for several weeks.
Makes 75 kisses
Invented in 1940, M&M’s have become one of the leading candies in the United States, with more than 400 million individual candy pieces produced in the U.S. each day.
These little kisses taste great with or without the M&M’s. They have such a fabulous vanilla flavor all by themselves–
Skinny Facts: for 1 kiss without M&M’s
9.3 calories, 0g fat, 0.2g protein, 2.2g carbs, 0g fiber, 6.2mg sodium, 2.2g sugar
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 1 for 1 kiss
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 0 for 1 kiss, 1 point for 3 kisses and 2 points for 4 kisses
for 1 kiss including 1 M&M and a pinch of colored sugar
12.7 calories, 0.2g fat, 0.1g sat. fat, 0.1mg chol, 0.2g protein, 2.7g carbs, 0g fiber, 6.5g sodium, 2.6g sugar
Source : wwsmartpointsrecipes.xyz