- 1½ slices multigrain or whole wheat bread (for bread crumbs) or ¾ cup bread crumbs, I used Milton’s Multi-Grain bread
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup fat-free feta cheese, crumbled, see shopping tip
- ½ cup scallions, minced
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, I like using Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- 1 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce, I like using Prego’s Traditional Pasta, Prego’s Roasted Garlic & Herb or use your favorite
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous, see shopping tip
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons fat-free feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1½ slices bread. Keep the crust on, add to blender or food processor and pulse into crumbs. Or, use ¾ cup store bought bread crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add bread crumbs, milk, feta cheese, scallions, salt, oregano and egg. Mix well. Stir in ground turkey and mix well. Shape mixture into balls using 1 rounded tablespoon of turkey mixture. Place on baking sheet. You should have 24 meatballs. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
4. To make sauce while the meatballs are baking: Coat a medium size pot with cooking spray. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute. Sir in pasta sauce and heat. When meatballs are ready, carefully add them to pasta sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.