Sweet and salty come together to create these adorable Valentine’s Day treats. And the news is out, a small amount of dark chocolate is good for your heart. Yeah!!!
I’m using dark chocolate kisses, dark chocolate M & M’s and mini pretzels that look like hearts. They are sooo easy to make.
Each skinny kiss has 31 calories, 1 gram of fat and 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
This recipe is so flexible.You can make a few at a time or up to 50 on a cookie sheet.
Prep Time: 15 minutes total (for 25 of them)
Bake Time: 5 minutes
Set Time: 2 hours for chocolate to firm up or 1 hour in refrigerator
- 25 special dark Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
- 25 mini pretzels, I used Snyder’s, see shopping tip
- 25 dark chocolate M&M’s available in bags of Valentine’s Day colors or use a regular bag
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place pretzels on cookie sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped chocolate kiss.
- Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to soften, but not melt. Remove from oven; top each with 1 M&M.
- Be sure to press it down a bit to set into the chocolate kiss.
- Cool completely. This takes about 2 hours. To cool quickly, refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
Makes 25 total pretzel treats.
- Healthy Benefits
- Dark Chocolate is Good for Your Heart. Studies show that eating a small amount of dark chocolate two or three times each week can help lower your blood pressure.
- Dark chocolate improves blood flow and may help prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Eating dark chocolate may also prevent arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 2
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 1
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 dark chocolate kiss
31 calories, 1.2g fat, 1.1g sat. fat, 1mg chol, 0g protein, 4.6g carbs, 0g fiber, 14mg sod, 2.5g sugar