A one skillet chicken dinner that is easy to make with only a few ingredients.
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- On the stovetop, heat a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and water. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cover and continue to simmer until the potatoes are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken breasts dry and season them with the salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Remove the lid and add the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Place a chicken breast on each plate and top it with 1/2 cup of the arugula. Drizzle the pan juices over the arugula and serve the potatoes on the side.
Yield: 2 servings | Calories: 347 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: o g | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 3 g | Protein: 43 g | Cholesterol: 124 mg | Sodium: 354 mg
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4