Shrimp scampi is a pasta classic that gets a twist in this “keto-fied” recipe by substituting zucchini noodles for the pasta. A spiralizer, used to create the zucchini noodles for this dish, is a versatile tool to invest in for your kitchen arsenal that is extremely useful on the keto diet.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream
- 2½ cups zucchini noodles
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preparing:20 min Cooking:10 min
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat for about 1 minute. Add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the pan. Cook on all sides, turning, about 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Set aside, leaving the liquid in the pan.
- To the pan with reserved liquid, add the white wine, lemon juice, and whipping cream. Scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate any solids with the liquid, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until the zucchini is al dente (noodle-like) in texture.
- Return the shrimp to the pan. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Plate and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Total Fat 21.6G
Total Carbohydrate 7.7G
Dietary Fiber 1.2G
Have you started the 28 Day Keto challenge program yet?
Don’t Worry, there’s no “you can’t eat that”! We’ll show you what you need to get started: what to eat, … recipes, meal plans, and simple 2-week get started program. Over the next weeks, you’ll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.
That supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation. If you’re struggling to stay within your daily points, check out the Program HERE.
Join Our free Healthy Recipes Page Eat O Fit on Facebook!