Easy to make and enjoy today or save for later and reheat, scotch eggs are a versatile and compact breakfast. The type of breakfast sausage you choose will largely determine how the final meal will taste.
- ½ cup breakfast sausage
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
Preparing:15 min Cooking:25 min
Be aware that the thickness of the sausage patties around the eggs can alter the cooking time.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Shape the sausage into two balls.
- On a piece of parchment paper, flatten each ball a 1/4 inch-thick patty.
- Place one hard boiled egg in the center of each patty and gently shape the sausage around the egg.
- Place the sausage-covered eggs on an ungreased baking sheet and into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool, and then serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 3:1)
Total Fat 20.5G
Total Carbohydrate 1G