Juicy tomatoes, sweet and spicy whiskey-caramelized onions, and refreshing goat cheese combine for this delectable dish. Enjoy on a summer evening with fresh-picked tomatoes from your garden or your local farmers’ market.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons caramelized onions, divided, from Bacon-Whiskey Caramelized Onion Dip
- 4 tablespoons crumbled organic goat cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, divided
Preparing:5 min Cooking:30 min
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and remove their pulp and seeds. Place the halves cut-side up on the sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Add ½ tablespoon of caramelized onions to the bottom of each tomato. Add 1 tablespoon of goat cheese to each tomato. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of thyme on top of each tomato.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 2)
Total Fat 8G
Total Carbohydrate 4G
Dietary Fiber 2G
Have you started the 28 Day Keto challenge program yet?
Don’t Worry, there’s no “you can’t eat that”! We’ll show you what you need to get started: what to eat, … recipes, meal plans, and simple 2-week get started program. Over the next weeks, you’ll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.
That supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation. If you’re struggling to stay within your daily points, check out the Program HERE.
Join Our free Healthy Recipes Page Eat O Fit on Facebook!