- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced into 16 rounds
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter, store bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, (unrefined extra-virgin preferred)
- 16 (1.25-inch) baking cups
- Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper on the counter top for preparation. Set the baking cups on top.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or in a small sauce pan over low heat. Allow to cool slightly. In the meantime, combine the melted coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon melted chocolate to the bottom of each baking cup, followed by one banana slice, 1 teaspoon peanut butter mixture, and lastly drop about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate in the center of each cup. Carefully place cups on a freezer safe dish or casserole pan. Cover and place in the freezer until set, approximately 1 hour.
- NOTE: Our perfectly portioned Peanut Butter Banana Cups thaw quickly. For best results, enjoy one at a time after allowing to set at room temperature about 2-3 minutes. To prevent the peanut butter mixture from softening too quickly, add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to peanut butter and coconut oil mixture before adding to cups.
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 1 peanut butter banana cup | Calories: 69 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 15 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 1 g
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
Source : SkinnyMs.