Fresh, light, crunchy ad bursting with flavor, this delicious Oriental Cabbage and Cranberry Salad Recipe is not only easy but very tasty. It’s a pretty basic side dish recipe that takes just minutes to prepare and works well with a variety of main courses.
Preparation time: 5 minutes| Cooking time: 5 minutes | Number of servings (yield): 6
- 10oz package shredded cabbage
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- sprinkle of sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, scallions, and cranberries. Pour dressing over everything, and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at 1-3 hours before serving.
- Toss again just before serving. Garnish with optional sesame seeds
Entire recipe makes 6 servings | Serving size is about 3/4 cup | Each serving = 2 Points + = 2 Smartpoints
- Diet type: Vegan
- Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
- Culinary tradition: Chinese
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 2.5
- Protein: 1.5
PER SERVING: 67 calories; 2.5g fat; 10.5g carbohydrates; 1.5g protein; 1.5g fiber
*SmartPoints are calculated with Weight Watchers Calculator