- Canola spray oil
- 2 cups nonfat (0%) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups dry buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound frozen, precooked breakfast sausage patties or links, roughly chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples (about 1 pound), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, ginger and eggs.
- In a large bowl, toss together pancake mix and pecans, and then whisk in milk mixture, just until combined.
- Stir in half of the sausage and apples, and then pour into the dish.
- Scatter remaining sausage and apples over the top, pressing down gently to submerge them somewhat, drizzle syrup over the top and bake until puffed and deep golden-brown, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with more maple syrup on the side.
220 calories (80 from fat)
9g total fat
2g saturated fat
1 g dietary fiber
SmartPoints value : 7