Sometimes we just need some thing light, rich and flavory as a meal. With day in and day out, we run out of ideas. Well, look no more, this migas with spinach an corn is something else. It’s so light and delicious you won’t get enough of it.
- 3 corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, stemmed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels (grilled or boiled)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving (optional)
- First toast tortillas on a drry cast-iron skillet or a gas flame. It has to be charred and blistered. Let it cool then chop the tortillas into 1/4 inch squares.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Once heated add spinach and stir until just wilted. Transfer to a bowl and let aside.
- In the skillet, add the remaining oil and cook onion, tomato and chile pepper until softened. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.Add in spinach, corn, cilantro and chopped ….
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.