- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1⅓ cups Panko bread crumbs, see shopping tip
- 1 pound (2 large) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken breast tenders cut into 24 even bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika or sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- 2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking pan with olive oil spray.
2. Melt butter in a small shallow bowl. Let cool slightly and mix in egg whites. Add bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and toss with brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder, black pepper and garlic powder. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge chicken in bread crumbs and place on baking pan. Continue until all chicken has been coated. Spray top of chicken with olive oil spray.
3. Bake chicken for 10 minutes. Turn over, spray with a little more olive oil spray. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, if desired. Bake an additional 7-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown.
4. Serve with barbecue sauce, ketchup or light ranch dressing on the side, if desired
Makes 4 servings (6 nuggets per serving)
for 6 chicken nuggets
1.6g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 6