Have you started the 28 Day Keto challenge program yet?
Don’t Worry, there’s no “you can’t eat that”! We’ll show you what you need to get started: what to eat, … recipes, meal plans, and simple 2-week get started program. Over the next weeks, you’ll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.
That supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation. If you’re struggling to stay within your daily points, check out the Program HERE.
Join Our free Healthy Recipes Page Eat O Fit on Facebook!
In certain pasta dishes, cauliflower (amazing though it is) just isn’t an option. This lasagna recipe is extra cheesy and should cool and set longer than regular lasagna so it achieves the same texture.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound 75-percent lean ground beef
- 2 cups unsweetened pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 medium zucchinis, slice lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 24 slices)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 8 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparing:20 min Cooking:60 min
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the olive for about 1 minute. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low. Add the oregano, salt, and basil. Stir to combine.
- In an 8-inch-square baking dish, arrange 6 zucchini slices on the bottom. Pour one-quarter of the meat sauce over the zucchini. Dot with ¼ cup of ricotta cheese and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering process three more times with the remaining zucchini, sauce, and cheeses, alternating the direction of the zucchini slices each time.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is browned and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 3:1)
Total Fat 20.9G
Total Carbohydrate 9.6G
Dietary Fiber 3G