You’re worried about your eating habbits? What’s better than having a nice healthy meal from time to time? This creamy vegan broccoli cauliflower soup is just perfect. It’s rich, delicious and most of all so healthy. Check out how it’s made, and give it a try!
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) cubes sourdough bread
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, unpeeled, cut into (1/2-inch) cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- In the pot, cook the bread, potato and onion. Keep stirring until it becomes golden brown, it will take 5 to 7 minutes to cook.
- Once golden brown, add in broth, broccoli, cauliflower and salt.
- Once the mixture boils cover the pot and simmer until very tender.
- It will take about 30 minutes to cook.
- Once tender, puree with an immersion blender.
260 calories (40 from fat)
4.5g total fat
1g saturated fat
6 g dietary fiber