To help us prepare for the in-kitchen festivities, I’m sharing the recipe for a lusciously velvety, distinctly spring green Cream of Asparagus Soup.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, woody stems snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Melt butter in a medium pot over medium low heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, add asparagus and ….
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.