- 1 box cake mix – white preferably, but yellow is okay
- 1 can (12 oz.) Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Splenda (granular)
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Free
- It is best to begin to prepare this cake a few days before it is needed in order to allow time to refrigerate it between steps and before serving.
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on cake mix (350° or 375° depending no brand.) Grease & flour two round cake pans, or spray with Baker’s Secret or Pam for Baking.
- Mix cake mix and Sprite. (Do not add the other ingredients called for on the cake mix box.) You can add a teaspoon of coconut extract/flavoring if you have it on hand, but it is not necessary.
- Pour into 2 prepared cake pans. Bake according to time on box (approx. 30 minutes) until lightly golden brown.
- While the cake bakes, prepare the filling. Mix 1 cup fat free sour cream and 1 cup Splenda with 1 cup coconut. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of coconut for garnish if you wish.
- Refrigerate the filling mixture. Cool the cake layers to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight if possible.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.