These chocolate coconut macaroons are super fast to make, only have 5 ingredients, and mix up in minutes. Plus, they taste fantastic!
These easy chocolate coconut macaroons are great to bake for a chocolate craving. The mixture is heated to melt the chocolate and then the cookies are briefly baked.
Makes: 20 macaroons
Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until the meringue is glossy.
- Stir in coconut, vanilla (or almond) extract and salt. Form the mixture into 20 balls, using ..
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS.