Chicken and Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Olive Oil salad dressing
- 8 small bone-in skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 lbs total)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- (1/2 lb) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
1. Heat 1 tbsp of the salad dressing in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until thighs are golden brown on both sides.
2. Add in garlic, sugar and crushed red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add remaining dressing and broth; stir. Bring to a boil; cover.
3. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes or until chicken is done (165º F.), stirring occasionally. Stir in peas; cook covered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in basil. Serve over hot cooked brown rice if desired.
Yield: 4 Servings.
Serving Size: 2 Chicken Thighs and 1/4 of pea mixture per serving.
Weight Watchers (6 SmartPoints), (6 PointsPlus)