Barbecue Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
- 1 large chicken breast, on the bone with skin
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- 6 (6-inch) whole grain tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add chicken breast and 1/4 cup water to a small casserole pan, cover loosely with foil and cook 45 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Allow chicken to cool until it can be handled, remove skin and discard. Shred chicken with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken and barbeque sauce.
- Place one tortilla on a medium nonstick skillet and turn to medium heat.
- On one half of the tortilla, sprinkle with 1 heaping tablespoon mozzarella, add 1/6th of chicken barbeque mixture, 1/6th of diced avocado, sprinkle another heaping tablespoon cheese and fold the tortilla over.
- Cook on both sides for about 2 minutes or until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Barbeque Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 quesadilla | Calories: 271 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 414mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints: 9