Have you started the 28 Day Keto challenge program yet?
Don’t Worry, there’s no “you can’t eat that”! We’ll show you what you need to get started: what to eat, … recipes, meal plans, and simple 2-week get started program. Over the next weeks, you’ll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.
That supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation. If you’re struggling to stay within your daily points, check out the Program HERE.
Join Our free Healthy Recipes Page Eat O Fit on Facebook!
Nothing warms you up on a cold night like a warm bowl of chili. If beef chili just isn’t your thing, this white chicken chili is sure to hit the spot. Green chiles are tempered with Cheddar cheese and sour cream but overall , this is a very mild chili. Add a jalapeño or serrano pepper to heighten the heat.
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled, cubed turnips
- 1½ cups diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 (3-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparing:15 min Cooking:360 min
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion. Sweat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the turnips, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, green chiles, and garlic. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken. Stir to break up the meat, browning on all sides for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the chili for 6 to 8 hours, until reduced and thickened. Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Serve with the sour cream and Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts (per serving of 1 cup)
Total Fat 14.4g
Total Carbohydrate 4.8g