- 1 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self-rising flour (I use Gold Medal Brand)
- 1 egg (if using for making pretzels, not needed for pizza dough)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both ingredients inside a mixing bowl and blend until ingredients have formed.
- *if your dough still feels a little sticky, sprinkle flour onto dough until it feels solid and easy to separate.
- Continue to kneed the dough for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Next, coat the cutting board with flour and begin to dived your dough into for even pieces
- To roll into bagels, donuts, pretzels, turnovers, or calzones.
- Place items on parchment paper or foil.
- Brush on the egg wash. (beat together one egg with a fork and brush it on the dough (this is optional)
- Add seasoning of choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
- See notes for more details.
If you don’t want to use all the dough right away stick it on a plate with some saran wrap and place that in the fridge. I always cut my dough into 4 equal pieces once the dough has formed it’s shape and each serving/piece is 3 smart points.
Depending on what you want to make with this dough the serving sizes will be different, but the whole entire dough recipe is 11 smart points. Please use your recipe builder.
Dairy Free option: Try finding a non dairy greek yogurt like Daiya, the points for this would not be zero though. These are usually found in the organic section.
Gluten Free Option I tried this with almond flour and it didn’t work. The dough was way too sticky. Ginna over at skinnytaste’s easy bage recipe recommends using Bob’s Redmill Gluten Free Flour.
Don’t have self-rising flour? You can substitute with a mix of 1½ cups all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, and ¾ teaspoon salt!
The nutrition info below is for 1 piece if you divide it between 4 pieces.
The cheese sauce I used in the pic was Tostitos Medium Salsa Con Queso. It comes in a jar and usually found by their chips. 2 tablespoons is 1 smart point!
The seasoning I used for the pretzel bites was Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
Serving Size: 1
Saturated Fat: 0
SmartPoints value : 11
Credits : recipe-diaries.com